Wednesday, January 13, 2010

closets

There are 2 pretty nicely organized closets in this house (the ones we use for our clothes), but some others need work. The front entry closet is pretty large (and tall, it goes to the ceiling) but other than a bar and shelf it has no storage and its a mess. I made a list of what I want to be able to fit in it:

~20 pairs of shoes
~6-8 pairs of boots (what, i live in Canada, even my husband has a pair of boots)
~6-8 coats
2 computer bags
1 purse
shelf for mail
+ assorted hats, gloves, scarfs, face masks, etc (again, see Canada comment)

I dont think that it is crazy, but I'm not sure what the best approach is. I know I need to use the height for storage, and some kind of shelfs or cubbies for the bags/purses/mail. im not sure what the best way to store boots is (i dont want them in boxes that you have to open as they wont get used that way).

ive been looking for pictures of closets and organization systems, but havent found the perfect thing yet. if you see anything, send it my way!

1 comment:

  1. your entry closet sounds like mine. winter coats and matthew's button down shirts go on the bar, and on top of the shelf are shoe boxes piled all the way up. beneath the coats are boxes for the boots, piled 3 high. not ideal, but i managed to store a ton of things in there.

    as for mail, it ends up in the kitchen right next to the recycling box.

    hope you have something fun planned for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete