Thursday, June 9, 2011

baby play mat

baby play mat by sara.cali
baby play mat, a photo by sara.cali on Flickr.

I guess this is going to be yet another one of those blogs about houses that turns into blogs about baby stuff. Guilty.

But all of my decorating/crafting energy is going into the babies lately.

Latest is this baby gym/play mat. The gym is from IKEA (apparently being discontinued). I actually purchased one of those ones from babies r us, took it out of the box, and couldn't get over the polyester plastic fabric and the plastic toys (yes, I know, not that big of a deal, but while I have nothing but time to obsess over these things, obsess I will!).

So back it goes to the store, and I made a super simple quilt using a tutorial from purl bee, this super clever method for making applique circles (wayyy simpler than all those other ones I found online where you need templates or make them out of wax paper, etc., and heavy duty IKEA fabric i had in my stash, perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! And much more sophisticated than the neon Babies R Us variety.

    ReplyDelete